Golden Nugget 64 – This casino video game is a multi-player video game that was created by Westwood Studios. The video was published by Electronic Arts and it was first released on December 1, 1998, in North America. This is the only casino game released in North America for the Nintendo 64 thus it has unique features. For a player to start a game with this casino company he/she should have to open an account with 100 dollars. The amount of the money used to open the account is saved on the controller pack.
This game gives a player with chances of choosing one of 10 different popular casino games. The games offered here have their own collection of rules and guidelines that direct players on how to play the game.
Golden Nugget 64
A mixture of people in the background of the casino, cubes rolling, flipping of cards, dealer addressing the players and many other activities from the audio used in this game. Chris Rausch was used to representing the male dealer in the game while Donna Rawlins was the female dealer. These two dealers had very few standard dealer lines in the game.
Features of the game
The uniqueness of this video game is as a result of things that are discussed as follows:
- Big winners. This is characterized by high score. It highlighted things such as best single win and best session.
- Slideshow. The feature displays the real pictures of Golden Nugget Hotel and the Casino in Las Vegas.
- Winning stats. This shows the statistics for each game. Among the stats showed by this feature is current bankroll of the gambler, the success rate, the number of risks placed and the average of these risks.
Golden Nugget for PC was released prior to the release of Golden Nugget PlayStation. In these two games, there are two modes in which they can be played i.e Casino and Tournament. Players are allowed to play whatever game chose when using Casino mode. Players are required to use their poker Tournament skills to solve a mystery starring. Just as the Nugget 64 game also in this game players is required to pay 1000 dollar so that they can start to play the game.
Below are the games that are used on both PC and PlayStation version
- Craps seven-card stud
- Video poker
- Big six wheel
- Texas hold’em
- Slot machines. This device has six slot machines to choose. These include Double Diamond, Eureka Royal Flush, Sweet Treats, Treasures of the Sea and What Luck.
- This game is played in the way as state lotteries. Players are required to choose up to 20 numbers out of 80. The players have an option of either playing Straight ticket or away ticket.
- Pai gow poker. This game is played with a single deck of cards 52 and one joker. The joker in this game can be used as an ace only and only if it is to complete a straight or a flush. Each of the players in this game is issued with seven cards in which high hand with 5 cards must have a rank higher than a lower hand with 2 cards.
Later on after this, that is 2004 Golden Nugget Casino for the Game Boy Advance was released. Afterwards in 2006 Golden Nugget Casino DS for the Nintendo DS was released.
Golden Nugget 64 was 78% out 100% by IGN. IGN praised the gameplay and its graphics. The only criticism about the game is a sound music of the game, claiming that the theme of the music is disgusting. Users of Gamespot rated the game and in their views they gave the game 69% out of 100%.